We've answered more than 100,000 questions!
The Foundation Center's Ask Us service makes it easy for you to engage our team of expert librarians who can answer any of your questions about foundations, philanthropy, fundraising, and nonprofits. Ask Us in two ways:
Chat Live With Us
Chat online in real time with a Foundation Center reference librarian. We are ready to answer your questions whenever Ask Us Live icon is showing on the righthand side of this screen.
Chat hours are Monday through Friday, 10 am - 4 pm
E-mail Us Your Questions
Send us your questions anytime, day or night, by using our online form. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Before submitting your question, be sure to explore:
- GrantSpace Knowledge Base: Get answers to common questions in our Knowledge Base section. Here are five frequently asked questions:
- Foundation Finder: Use our free Foundation Finder tool to get basic information about private foundations, community foundations, grantmaking public charities, and corporate giving programs.
Contact the Foundation Center for information about our products and services.
If you are having trouble with the online form, you can e-mail the Online Librarian directly at email@example.com. In your e-mail, please include the following information:
- your name and address;
- whether you are an individual grantseeker;
- if you represent a nonprofit organization, the organization's name and address;
- the full name, middle initial (if known), city and state location (if known), and any other information you already have about the particular foundation or individual you are researching; and
- sources already consulted (including Foundation Finder).