APPLICATION PROCESS. There is no letter of inquiry or preapplication phase. If your project fits the guidelines, submit a proposal providing the following. (#1 - 5 not to exceed three pages.) Be sure to staple your materials together; attach supplemental materials with a clip.
- Organization name and address, contact person, phone number and email.
- Amount requested; indicate whether for general operations or project.
- Organization Description: History, accomplishments, role in the community, experience in issue area. (If request is for general operations, explain organization's programs.)
- Project Description: Summarize goals and objectives; timeline; general work plan.
- Staff/Volunteers: Generally, who's doing the work to make the program succeed?
- Organization and Project Budget:
Sources and amount of income (indicate whether figure is secure or pending); expenditures during what time periods. Please be sure to include your board-approved current-year organizational operating budget. If you are requesting specific project support, be sure to include a project budget as well.
- Attachments: IRS 501(c)(3) letter; list of Board of Directors.
PROPOSAL DEADLINES: Proposals must be received by the second Friday in January (for spring cycle), second Friday in April (for summer cycle) or second Friday in August (for fall cycle).
REVIEW PROCESS: Applicants will be notified by mail of the Committee's funding decisions. Prior to committee consideration of proposals, applicants may be asked to provide additional information by phone.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Natalie Lecher at 206-406-6124.
MAIL COMPLETED PROPOSAL TO:
Nancy Atkinson, Vice President
Kawabe Memorial Fund
Bank of America, Philanthropic Management
P.O. Box 24565
Seattle, Washington 98124