New York Library/Learning Center
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Foundation Center's mission is to strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world. The New York regional center is a private facility open to visitors seeking information related to philanthropy, fundraising, and nonprofit management. Staff members provide extensive reference assistance and training on related topics.
- Use of laptops is limited to research on philanthropy, fundraising, and nonprofit management and is not for general use.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis in increments of two hours to ensure fair and equitable access for all.
- A maximum of 200 records may be saved to a flash drive; exceeding this limit is a violation of copyright. All files unnecessary to workstation operation are deleted on a regular basis.
- Foundation Center reserves the right to deny computer privileges to anyone who misuses the computer equipment or does not follow the established computer policies and procedures.
- WiFi is also available, and we encourage you to bring your own laptop or device. Read our WiFi policy.
Visitors may make photocopies of library materials, provided they adhere to the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) that governs fair use.
Fees (cash only): 20 cents per page (8 1/2 x 11) or 40 cents per page (11 x 17).
VISITOR CONDUCT POLICY
- Visitors are expected to follow staff instructions and to treat staff and other users with courtesy.
- No eating is permitted. Foundation Centerís New York office is a nut-free environment. All nuts and nut products are strictly prohibited. Drinks are permitted in the break area.
- Cell phones should be silenced or placed on vibrate. Visitors can make or accept calls in the break area, but conversations must be kept at a reasonable volume.
- Visitors in the open collaboration area are not permitted in any other part of the facility, including the training annex, unless they are attending a public program or class and are accompanied by Foundation Center staff.
- Bags and other personal possessions may not be left unattended. Oversized items, such as large pieces of luggage, are not allowed.
- Visitors who do not adhere to these policies will be prohibited from using Foundation Centerís facilities.
- We value your patronage and appreciate your cooperation.