Visit us to use our library and to attend classes and events.
32 Old Slip, 24th Floor
New York, NY 10005-3500
Tel: (212) 620-4230
Fax: (212) 807-3677
*Our office will be closed from July 3-27 and re-open on Tuesday, July 28.*
Foundation Center is located at 32 Old Slip between Front Street and South Street.
Important Information About Visiting Our Office
At 32 Old Slip, you will be required to present photo identification to building security and obtain a visitor pass at the Visitor Services Desk before proceeding to our space on the 24th floor. The Visitor Services Desk is located at the south entrance of the building. Valid forms of identification include a driver's license, passport, military ID, or similar form of photo identification.
The New York office is conveniently located near several subway stops:
- 4 or 5 train to Wall Street (7 – min. walk)
- 2 or 3 train to Wall Street (5 – min. walk)
- R train to Rector Street (7 – min. walk)
- J or Z train to Broad Street (5 – min. walk)
MTA Trip Planner
Services for People With Disabilities
To ensure equitable access to our library resources for all, Foundation Center is committed to providing services to individuals with disabilities. These services include but are not limited to:
In the Library:
- Wheelchair-accessible reference desk and computer workstations
- Free photocopying of a reasonable number of pages from books and other library resources, within the parameters of copyright laws, as required to provide equal access
- For visitors with visual impairments, reader services are available for up to one hour. (Advance notice is requested.)
- Screen-reading software (JAWS) to read electronic text aloud
- Screen-magnifier/reader (ZoomText) to enlarge electronic text (with optional audio)
- Handheld magnifier with light
In Our Training Annex:
- ASL signers provided for Foundation Center trainings and special programs. Two weeks' notice is requested to allow for contracting with outside agencies. Attendees are encouraged to contact us in advance of on-site programs they plan to attend to discuss other accommodations.
- For visitors with hearing impairments, a signer is available upon request for our scheduled training sessions (Advance notice is required).
- For other accommodations related to our training sessions, contact us at email@example.com.
- Loans of Foundation Center-issued publications and selected publications by other publishers are available to individuals whose disabilities make visiting a Foundation Center Library or Funding Information Network location either impossible or a hardship. If you are interested in finding out more about this program, please click here.
On the Internet:
- People with visual impairments may also wish to visit the Accessibility Area of the Foundation Center's website.
Please feel free to contact us at (212) 620-4230 to let us know of your special needs in advance of a visit.
Prefer to use your own laptop or other mobile device when visiting the Foundation Center? You can access Foundation Directory Online Professional, Foundation Maps, and other databases through the library's Wi-Fi service. Learn more.