Posted on August 7, 2012
Count Basie Theatre
Development Director, Count Basie Theatre
Count Basie Theatre, a non-profit historic theatre and arts presenter in Red Bank, NJ, seeks a Development Director to manage it’s annual and capital fundraising efforts and lead the Development staff. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the ideal candidate must be able to direct an ongoing capital campaign to support a phased $21 million restoration of the theatre.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct involvement with CEO and development team to formulate fundraising strategies and help build a reliable and increasing donor base of individuals, foundations, corporations and government agencies in support of the theatre’s activities.
- The drafting of proposals and solicitations to public and private institutions;
- Investigation and development of new funding opportunities and strategies;
- Cultivation of individual donor relationships and related fundraising events;
- Coordination with the Marketing department to create promotional & fundraising materials as well as the Finance department to develop budgets for grant proposals, monitor campaign goals, and ensure proper tracking of all contributions.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 10 or more years in a senior capacity in nonprofit development position, including institutional and individual fundraising areas;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with grant writing;
- Experience in the nonprofit arts industry preferable;
- Willingness to participate in evening and weekend events.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience plus benefits.
To Apply: Send letter of interest, resume, and three references to Justine Robertson, CEO, Count Basie Theatre, 99 Monmouth Street, Red Bank, NJ 07701 or email to email@example.com