Posted on August 17, 2012
Director of Operations
Americans for Immigrant Justice
Americans for Immigrant Justice - Director of Operations
Americans for Immigrant Justice (AI Justice) is one of the nation’s most well-respected organizations providing immigration legal services to low income individuals and advocating for sensible national immigration policies. Since 1996, AI Justice (formerly Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center) has secured justice and fair treatment for thousands of individual immigrants, including children abandoned in detention facilities, victims of trafficking, exploitation and domestic violence, and individuals needing status adjustments to improve their lives. With a foundation of real world, real people experience, AI Justice plays a key role informing national policy.
Position: The Director of Operations will manage AI Justice’s finance and accounting functions, planning, implementing, and evaluating the organization’s financial performance. The Director will also work closely with the Executive Director on all aspects of organizational development, operations and management and will oversee the development of systems and infrastructure needed to expand the organization’s impact. The Director will assist the Executive Director with the agency’s long-range financial planning and ensure timely responses in support of organization strategies and objectives, and in compliance with its nonprofit tax-exempt status. Responsible for the internal business affairs of AI Justice, the Director of Operations oversees the $3.5 million annual operating budget.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a CFO, Finance Director, or with equivalent financial responsibility, ideally in a not-for-profit organization;
- Knowledge of fund accounting essential;
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or business preferred. MBA and/or CPA a plus;
- Personnel management, budget development, financial forecasting and strategic planning skills necessary;
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a leadership team;
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written;
- Solid analytical, organizational and planning skills with attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving, negotiating skills. Communicate well with a wide range of people and be sensitive to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the diverse population served.
AI Justice is an EOE/AA employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
Send resume, cover letter, and names of three professional references along with salary requirements to Lisette Losada, 3000 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 400, Miami, FL 33137 or send to email@example.com. For more information about AI Justice, please visit our website at www.aijustice.org. No phone calls please. This position will be considered open until filled. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. Top candidates will be invited to interview.